JetPhoto Studio can work with JetPhoto Server for complete publishing photo albums to the web. JetPhoto Server is a full-featured digital photo publishing service software using PHP. With JetPhoto Server, you can set up your very own themed photo website very easily and quickly.
JetPhoto separates album data storage from page appearance. JetPhoto Server allows user to customize templates for different albums, which will support multiple views, examples: thumbnail, picture story, Flash-based slideshow and even custom views designed by user. Album data can be packaged and uploaded by Studios WebSync program.
When the photo album is prepared, you can use WebSync to publish album onto web server. All uploaded pictures will be resized and watermarked automatically while publishing. Once the album is published on web server, user can still modify its content in JetPhoto Studio. The web-side online album will be updated and synchronized with the local album automatically, as long as WebSync is acted again. So the only thing you need is to One-Click.
You can also use Website Manager to manage your photo website. Set web album appearance templates, categories, listing order and access control etc.
Presently, JetPhoto provides two major versions of JetPhoto Server for different users. JetPhoto Server v1 is the basic version that is easy to setup and use, and JetPhoto Server Pro v2 is an advanced version for professional or commercial uses. For connections to JetPhoto Server v1, WebSync uses FTP interface to upload albums. But, for connections to JetPhoto Server Pro v2, WebSync uses HTTP interface to upload albums.
To learn more about JetPhoto Server, please go there http://www.jetphotosoft.com/web/?s=product_server .
When your photo album is organized, you could use WebSync to synchronously publish the album to a web server installed with JetPhoto Server software. You neednt do anything to upload album files by yourself. WebSync is embedded with FTP and HTTP engines for uploading album files to JetPhoto Server and JetPhoto Server Pro automatically.
- Click button 'Web Sync', or choose menu item 'Web Album'->'Web Sync - publish album to a JetPhoto Server' to show Web Sync dialog box.
(In Mac version, 'Web Sync' button can be found in Actions panel, but in Windows version, 'Web Sync' button can be found in toolbar of Thumbnail view page.)
!!! NOTE !!!
The beginner need only notice the step 1 mentioned below to understand how to set your JetPhoto Server connection.
1 - Server Settings
- Choose 'Server' tab, you need select a mode to publish the album to JetPhoto Server v1 or JetPhoto Server Pro v2, and enter the connection parameters.
If want to publish albums to JetPhoto Server v1, you need set up a FTP connection account to upload album files. You must first install JetPhoto Server software on a web server, and enable FTP access on it. The Directory setting should be set as the home path of the JetPhoto Server software installed on the Web server.
For example, assumes you have installed JetPhoto Server to path ~/Sites/jpserver on your local computer, then the FTP connection account shall be as the settings below:
* Server Address: 127.0.0.1
* Login name: USERNAME
* Password: PASSWORD
* Directory: Sites/jpserver
(Assumes the short name of the account to login your Mac is USERNAME, and its password is PASSWORD)
If want to publish albums to JetPhoto Server Pro v2, you need enter your server URL and an editor user account here.
Before that, you must install and run JetPhoto Server Pro software on a web server. Then go to the admin pages (Website Manager) on your JetPhoto Server Pro. In Users admin page, add a new user whose permission type is Editor or Administrator for your using with WebSync.
For example, assumes you have installed JetPhoto Server Pro to the web documents path of the web server on your local computer. The settings for a connection to JetPhoto Server Pro shall be these:
* Server Address: http://127.0.0.1/jpserver/
* Login name: admin
* Password: 123456
(A user named admin is created automatically when a new JetPhoto Server Pro is installed, whose default password 123456.)
2 - Resize Settings (optional)
- Choose 'Resize' tab, set the size of pictures that will be included in the published online Web album. As the default setting, JetPhoto Studio will resize each photo to three copies: a thumbnail-size image (128x128), a preview-size image (256x256) and a standard-size photo copy with custom bounds (default is 640x640). Normally, please just keep all settings as default if you use JetPhoto Server to publish your photo album to the web.
3 - Watermark Settings (optional)
- Choose 'Watermark' tab, set the watermark stamped on the online photo copies. You can design the watermark mask image by Photoshop or other image editor software, and save it as a transparent PNG, TIFF or any other general image file (We highly suggest you save watermark mask as PNG file that has a 8-bit alpha channel, GIF is not suggested). Drag the file into the box located in left-top corner of 'Watermark' panel. Then you can also set the position of the watermark stamped on photo, choose Left-Top, Left-Bottom, Right-Top, Right-Bottom or Center.
When stamping watermarks, JetPhoto Studio will automatically resize watermark image to fit your target photos. Actually, you can't decide the actual size of your watermark on the target photo when you design it. Normally, the size of the watermark image you prepared shall be much bigger than the size of the the watermark you want to see on the target photos.
Here is a typical setting to make a quality watermark image:
* Image Size: 512 x 512 pixels
* Image Format: PNG with alpha (transparent)
* Image Color Mode: 8-bit gray or RGB
4 - Advanced Settings (optional)
- Choose 'Advanced' tab, you can find more options if you want to only publish parts of photos in the album. For example, you can only publish photos have been assigned with stars.
- Click button 'Synchronize Now!' to publish album data to your website installed with JetPhoto Server.
WebReady is an alternative method to publish your album to Web, your could first use WebReady to export album as a file package with a .data postfix in its file name, and manually upload this package to your web server later. Your server also need be installed with JetPhoto Server software, and keep all .data packages in 'data' folder.
Besides Web publishing, WebReady is an individual image utility. WebReady is same as WebSync, that can resize your photos into multiple copies, and add watermarks for your photos in batches. The exported picture files after resizing and watermarking are saved in a file package that also includes a HTML web page for previewing these photos.
- Click button 'Web Ready', or choose menu item Web Album->'Web Ready - batch resize and add watermakrs' to show Web Ready dialog box.
(In Mac version, 'Web Ready' button can be found in Actions panel, but in Windows version, 'Web Ready' button can be found in toolbar of Thumbnail view page.)
- Choose 'Resize' tab, set the size of pictures that are included in the exported album data package. As the default setting, the exported package includes three copies of each photo: a thumbnail-size image (128x128), a preview-size image (256x256) and a standard-size photo copy with custom bounds (default is 640x640).
- Choose 'Watermark' tab, set the watermark stamped on the exported photo copies. You can design the watermark mask image by Photoshop or other imaging software, and save it as a transparent PNG, TIFF or any other general image file. Drag the file into the box located in left-top corner of 'Watermark' panel. Then you can also set the position of the watermark stamped on photo, choose Left-Top, Left-Bottom, Right-Top, Right-Bottom or Center.
For more details about watermaking, please see the specific section in WebSync .
- Click button 'Export Now!' to export album data package onto your desktop. It includes a HTML Web page for album preview, so you can burn this package on CD, and send it to someone who previews the album by Web browser. Of course, you can also upload this package to the data folder of your JetPhoto Server for full-featured Web publishing.
After uploading your album data package to the JetPhoto Server's data folder by WebSync or WebReady, you can continue to use Website Manager to manage your photo website. For example, to set web page appearance for each online album, or to set an access password for the website.
!!! NOTE !!!
Website Manager for JetPhoto Server v1 and Website Manager for JetPhoto Server Pro v2 are very different. The Website Manager for JetPhoto Server v1 is a program in JetPhoto Studio to remote mange the server, but the Website Manager for JetPhoto Server Pro v2 is a web-based program integrated in JetPhoto Server Pro.
With the Website Manager program in JetPhoto Studio, you can manage a website using JetPhoto Server v1. In this document, we only discuss this Website Manager program. For managing the website using JetPhoto Server Pro v2, you need never use this program. The Website Manager for JetPhoto Server Pro v2 has been integrated with the web pages on your server, you can just login your JetPhoto Server Pro v2 and go to the admin pages to find it.
- Click button 'Website Manager', or choose menu item Web Album->'Website Manager - manage a remote JetPhoto Server' to show Website Manager dialog box.
(In Mac version, 'Website Manager' button can be found in Actions panel, but in Windows version, 'Website Manager' button can be found in toolbar of Thumbnail view page.)
- Enter the FTP connection account to access your JetPhoto Server. You need first install JetPhoto Server software on a Web server, and enable FTP access on it. The Directory setting should be set as the home path of the installed JetPhoto Server software on the Web server.
- Click button 'Connect' to connect JetPhoto Server through FTP connection.
- All settings of the connected site information are displayed in 'Site Info' panel. You can edit Site Information, set Access Control and Site Appearance for your website.
- All online web albums are listed in 'Album List' panel. You can set Appearance Template and Category for each online album, or change their list order.
- Click button 'Update' to save the change on JetPhoto Server.
Flickr is one of the most popular web photo sharing services. JetPhoto Studio is a friendly software to help Flickr user to organize photos on desktop computer.
JetPhoto Studio allows user to describe photos with notes, or tag photos with keywords. With only one-click, you can upload selected photos or a whole album onto Flickr. In the mean time, the enclosed Tags and Descriptions will be uploaded with photos, too. It's also allowed that an uploaded album will be as a new Set on Flickr shortly.
- Click button 'Upload to Flickr', or choose menu item Web Album->'Upload to Flickr' to begin photo uploading to Flickr.
(In Mac version, 'Upload to Flickr' button can be found in Actions panel, but in Windows version, 'Upload to Flickr' button can be found in toolbar of Thumbnail view page.)
- For the first time running JetPhoto Studio, software requires your authorization before it upload photos onto Flickr. Click 'Authorize' button, and finish the authorizing process in your web browser.
- Return to JetPhoto Studio, and continue to set uploading parameters in dialog box, such as image resizing, permission setting etc. And then click button 'Uploading'.