JetPhoto Studio can work with JetPhoto Server for complete publishing photo albums to the web. JetPhoto Server is a full-featured digital photo publishing service software using PHP. With JetPhoto Server, you can set up your very own themed photo website very easily and quickly.
JetPhoto separates album data storage from page appearance. JetPhoto Server allows user to customize templates for different albums, which will support multiple views, examples: thumbnails, picture story, slideshow and even custom views designed by user. Album data can be packaged and uploaded by Studios WebSync program.
When the photo album is prepared, you can use WebSync to publish album onto web server. All uploaded pictures will be resized and watermarked automatically while publishing. Once the album is published on web server, user can still modify its content in JetPhoto Studio. The web-side online album will be updated and synchronized with the local album automatically, as long as WebSync is acted again. So the only thing you need is to One-Click.
You can also use Website Manager to manage your photo website. Set web album appearance templates, categories, listing order and access control etc.
Presently, JetPhoto provides two major versions of JetPhoto Server for different users. JetPhoto Server v1 is the basic version that is easy to setup and use, and JetPhoto Server Pro v2 is an advanced version for professional or commercial uses. For connections to JetPhoto Server v1, WebSync uses FTP interface to upload albums. But, for connections to JetPhoto Server Pro v2, WebSync uses HTTP interface to upload albums.
To learn more about JetPhoto Server, please go to http://www.jetphotosoft.com/web/?s=product_server .
When your photo album is organized, you could use WebSync to synchronously publish the album to a web server installed with JetPhoto Server software. You neednt do anything to upload album files by yourself. WebSync is embedded with FTP and HTTP engines for uploading album files to JetPhoto Server and JetPhoto Server Pro automatically.
Before using WebSync
You could create albums on your desktop computer with JetPhoto Studio, and:
- Add photos
Drag and drop photo files into Thumbnails view in the album window.
- Sort photos
Choose menu item 'Edit' -> 'Arrange Photos' to sort photos by capture time automatically, or drag thumbnails to rearrange photos manually.
- Set photo descriptions and keywords
Edit them in 'Notes' side panel.
- Set album title and description
Edit them in 'Album Information' panel.
- Set album cover photo
Select a photo in the album, and enable option 'Cover Photo' with clicking the button in 'Notes' side panel.
- Set album short name (identifier)
Each album managed by JetPhoto has a Short Name that is an unique indentifier of the album. You can edit the Short Name in 'Album Information' panel. If two albums with a same Short Name, JetPhoto Server will regard them as two different versions of one album when run WebSync. So you should confirm any album want to publish to JetPhoto Server must have a Short Name different from others.
Once the photo album is ready, let's begin the web publishing with WebSync.
- Click 'Web Sync' action button, or choose menu item 'Web Album'->'Web Sync - publish album to a JetPhoto Server'.
- Show Web Sync dialog box where enter the settings to connect your JetPhoto Server. Choose 'Server' tab, you need select a mode to publish the album to JetPhoto Server v1.5 or JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5, and enter the connection parameters.
- Server Settings for JetPhoto Server v1.5
If want to publish albums to JetPhoto Server v1.5, you need set up a FTP connection account to upload album files. You must first confirm a JetPhoto Server software has been installed on a web server and enabled FTP access on it.
And now, in 'Server' tabbed panel, please select option 'Publish web album to JetPhoto Server v1.5'. For the FTP connection to upload albums to the server, you must enter the FTP server address, user name, password and the directory where installed your JetPhoto Server files.
For example, assumes you have installed JetPhoto Server to path ~/Sites/jpserver on your local computer, then the FTP connection account shall be as the settings below:
• Server Address: 127.0.0.1
• Login name: USERNAME
• Password: PASSWORD
• Directory: Sites/jpserver
(Assumes the short name of the account to login your Mac is USERNAME, and its password is PASSWORD)
- Server Settings for JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5
If want to publish albums to JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5, you need enter your server URL and an editor user account here. Before that, you must confirm a JetPhoto Server Pro software has be installed on a web server.
And now, in 'Server' tabbed panel, please select option 'Publish web album to JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5'. Enter the server URL address where you installed the JetPhoto Server Pro, and user name, password to log in your JetPhoto Server.
For example, assumes you have installed JetPhoto Server Pro to the web documents path of the web server on your local computer. The settings for a connection to JetPhoto Server Pro shall be these:
• Server Address: http://127.0.0.1/jpserver/
• Login name: admin
• Password: 123456
( A user named admin is created automatically when a new JetPhoto Server Pro is installed, the default password 123456. To change this account or create new accounts, you can log in your JetPhoto Server Pro and go to 'Users' administrative page in Website Manager. WebSync need the user account who has Administrator or Editor permission. )
Select other three tabbed panels in the dialog box to find more options for the WebSync. However, if you are a new JetPhoto Server user, we recommend you can only notice the step mentioned above to understand how to set your JetPhoto Server connection and just ignore other optional settings introduced below.
- Resize Settings (optional)
Choose 'Resize' tab, set the size of pictures that will be included in the published online Web album. As the default setting, JetPhoto Studio will resize each photo to three copies: a thumbnail-size image (128x128), a preview-size image (256x256) and a standard-size photo copy with custom bounds (default is 640x640). Normally, please just keep all settings as default if you use JetPhoto Server to publish your photo album to the web.
- Watermark Settings (optional)
Choose 'Watermark' tab, set the watermark stamped on the online photo copies. You can design the watermark mask image by Photoshop or other image editor software, and save it as a transparent PNG, TIFF or any other general image file (We highly suggest you save watermark mask as PNG file that has a 8-bit alpha channel, GIF is not suggested). Drag the file into the box located in top-left corner of 'Watermark' panel. Then you can also set the position of the watermark stamped on the photo, choose Top-Left, Bottom-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Right or Center.
When stamping watermarks, JetPhoto Studio will automatically resize watermark image to fit your target photos. Actually, you can't decide the actual size of your watermark on the target photo when you design it. Normally, the size of the watermark image you prepared shall be much bigger than the size of the the watermark you want to see on the target photos.
Here is a typical setting to make a quality watermark image:
• Image Size: 512 x 512 pixels
• Image Format: PNG with alpha (transparent)
• Image Color Mode: 8-bit gray or RGB
- Advanced Settings (optional)
Choose 'Advanced' tab, you can find more options if you want to only publish parts of photos in the album. For example, you can only publish photos have been assigned with stars.
- Finished all settings, then click button 'Synchronize Now!', the WebSync program will upload the album files to the server immediately.
- After used WebSync, you could still continue to organize photos in the album with your JetPhoto Studio. Adds or removes photos, sorts photos and modifies descriptions or keywords. Now, uses WebSync again to update all changes to your server. In the meantime, the changed metadata and photo files will be uploaded one by one as needed.
WebReady looks like a lite version of WebSync. With the same functionality to be ready for publish albums to the web, but WebReady doesn't communicate with JetPhoto Server directly like WebSync. Actually, the goals to use WebReady contains two:
Manual Uploading Albums to JetPhoto Server
WebReady is an alternative method to publish your albums to JetPhoto Server. You could use WebReady to export the album as a specific file package contains all resized image files and a XML metadata file to be ready for the web publishing with JetPhoto Server. The exported file package is a folder with a .data filename extension, you should manually upload it to the web server and copy the .data package into the 'data' folder of your JetPhoto Server (path jpserver/data/). The server-side program will read files there to represent web album pages.
For JetPhoto Server v1.5, you need have to use WebReady if the server doesn't support FTP that WebSync required or you'd like to upload album data files to the server manually.
For JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5, the WebSync program transfers files to the server through inside HTTP sessions, but it's also possible to upload album data files to the server manually by FTP, WebDAV or other file transfer interfaces. You should first use WebReady to export the album photos and metadata into a .data file package. And then, copy the .data file package to path jpserver/data/ on your server manually. The web album is still hidden on the server after uploading album files, you also need log in your JetPhoto Server and go to 'Table of Contents' administrative page in Website Manager, where you can remove the 'Hidden' flag for the new uploaded album.
Utility to resize and watermark images in batches
Besides Web publishing for JetPhoto Server, WebReady is an individual image utility, too. WebReady is same as WebSync, that can resize your photos into multiple copies, and add watermarks for your photos in batches. The exported picture files after resizing and watermarking are saved in a specific folder, and an additional web page is also generated for previewing these files. So, WebReady is also recommended as a convenient image resizing and watermaking tool.
- Click 'Web Ready' action button, or choose menu item Web Album->'Web Ready - batch resize and add watermakrs'.
- Show Web Ready dialog box.
- Choose 'Resize' tab, set the size of pictures that are included in the exported album data package. As the default setting, the exported package includes three copies of each photo: a thumbnail-size image (128x128), a preview-size image (256x256) and a standard-size photo copy with custom bounds (default is 640x640).
- Choose 'Watermark' tab, set the watermark stamped on the exported photo copies. You can design the watermark mask image by Photoshop or other imaging software, and save it as a transparent PNG, TIFF or any other general image file. Drag the file into the box located in left-top corner of 'Watermark' panel. Drag the file into the box located in top-left corner of 'Watermark' panel. Then you can also set the position of the watermark stamped on the photo, choose Top-Left, Bottom-Left, Top-Right, Bottom-Right or Center.
For more details about watermaking, please see the specific section in WebSync .
- Click button 'Export Now!' to export album data package onto your desktop. you can upload this package to the data folder of your JetPhoto Server for full-featured Web publishing. Of course, you can pick the resized and watermarked image files inside for any other uses, or just burn this package on a CD to share with persons who can preview the album by a web browser.
After uploading your photo album files to the server by WebSync, you could continue to use Website Manager to set web album templates, categories and listing order etc. Also can edit the website title, description, copyright fields and change website banner.
JetPhoto Server Versions
Website Manager for JetPhoto Server v1.5 and Website Manager for JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5 are completely different. The Website Manager for JetPhoto Server v1.5 is a built-in program in JetPhoto Studio to mange the server in a remote session. In this document, we only discuss the Website Manager program for JetPhoto Server v1.5. For managing the website using JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5, you need never use the program. Actually, The Website Manager for JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5 has been integrated with the web pages on your server, you can just login your JetPhoto Server Pro v2.5 and go to the admin pages to find it. More helps can be found in the manual document of JetPhoto Server Pro.
- Click 'Website Manager' action button, or choose menu item Web Album->'Website Manager - manage a remote JetPhoto Server'.
- Show Website Manager window, in which please select option 'JetPhoto Server v1.5'.
- You need set up a FTP connection to access the configuration files on the server. Then you must enter the FTP server address, user name, password and the directory where installed your JetPhoto Server files. Then please click button 'Connect'.
- After connecting the server, the Website Manager will open the configuration files on the server and show all information in two tabbed panels 'Site Info' and 'Album List'.
- In 'Site Info' panel, you can edit:
Site Title - the website title
Site Description - the text appears in About page, that can include HTML tags
Contact Info - the text appears at the bottom of the home page
Copyright - the text of the copyright information
Website URL - the official address of this website
License Type - Non-commercial or Commercial license this website uses
Site Banner - the website banner that can be changed as a specific JPEG file.
Default Web Album Template - the default template used for new uploaded albums
Access Control - set a password for users visiting the website
In 'Album List' panel, in which all albums on the server are listed.
Normally, the new web album that was just published with WebSync is always listed at the top of album list. But you can drag list items to change the albums listing order with your mouse. Once saved the change, the albums listed in the home page of the JetPhoto Server website will be affected.
Template and Category
You can set Appearance Template and Category for each album on the server.
Hide or Delete Albums
If selected checkbox 'Hides this album on website', the album will not be listed in the homepage of the website.
Website Manager can hide albums, but unable to delete album files on the server physically. Instead, you should use other FTP client software to login the server and delete the album files manually. Please go to path jpserver/data/ on the server, all album data file packages are stored there. One album corresponds to one .data folder in which saves all photo files and the metadata file of the album. You can remove .data folders to delete the albums on the server.
- Click button 'Update' to save all changes on the server.
Flickr is one of the most popular web photo sharing services. JetPhoto Studio is a friendly software to help Flickr users to organize photos on desktop computer.
JetPhoto Studio allows the user to describe photos with notes, or tag photos with keywords. With simple clicks, you can upload selected photos or a whole album to Flickr. In the mean time, the enclosed Tags and Descriptions will be uploaded with photos, too. It's also allowed that an uploaded album will be as a new Set on Flickr shortly.
- Click 'Upload to Flickr' action button, or choose menu item Web Album->'Upload to Flickr' to begin photo uploading to Flickr.
- For the first time running the uploading program in JetPhoto Studio, requires your authorization before it upload photos onto Flickr. Click 'Authorize' button.
- Show a web browser window loading the Flickr pages to finish the authorizing process, you should agree to permit JetPhoto Studio to access your Flickr account.
- Return to JetPhoto Studio after you have finsihed the authorization in the web browser, then click button 'Continue' in the dialog box.
- Continue to set uploading parameters in dialog box, such as image resizing, permission setting etc. And then click button 'Uploading'.